Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Shutdown Menu From Drop Down List

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

usually when i shutdown there is a box which has drop down list where you can choose shutdown ,restart and log off.but now, i couldnt shutdown win2000 pc (on a network),for there is only one option 'log off".
any ideas?thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

If you click on Start, then Shut Down you should get a box that asks What do you want the computer to do? In the box below that there should be an arrow to the right of that, if you click on it you should have a list of options which will include Log off, Shut Down, Restart, and Standby. Click on the one you want to appear in that rectangular box to the left of the arrow.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:56 AM

thanks

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:54 AM

I don't know why, but I always use the TaskManager option. Rightclick on a blank part of the Taskbar, select TaskManager, and you have Shutdown options at the top of that.
Of course the TaskManager can also be brought up with the three-finger shuffle, Ctrl+Alt+Del.
That is the interesting thing about Windows, there are multiple ways of doing just about anything - whichever suits you I guess.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users