Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp Freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Strike_Freedom

Strike_Freedom

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'm running xp pro and lately whenever I'm on my game phantasy star online blue burst while running download programs my whole computer freezes up solid and i gotta restart, sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine. I have norton and 3 or 4 anti spyware programs which i use once a week. I'm looking a for a diagnosis and solution if possible

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

Select Administrative Tools from the Control Panel, then Event Viewer. See if there are any error messages listed which may shed some light on the situation.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Strike_Freedom

Strike_Freedom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

wow theres a lot of stuff in there but the only thing i can see in there and understand error message wise, is that divx player messed up a few times. theres a few other error but im not quite sure what they are something about DCOM server or something and timing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users