Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lan Stops Responding...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 prowned

prowned

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

Ok currently I'm on the computer's wireless which I hate to use.
The problem with my computer is that the LAN connection stops responding after minutes from the loading of my computer. It starts off nice and fast, no problems at all. A few mins later (less than 5) the connection is completely off. There is not activity at all! I go to the connectivity doctor and it tells me that the LAN is dysfunctional. Then it says "limited or no connectivity." I figured it's an IP problem, so I set up my IP manually and it still wouldn't work. I hit the repair button, but then it's stuck at renewing my IP address. So I finally decide to reboot the LAN device but after disableing and trying to enable it, I get the messege "Connection Failed." After that, all I could do is reboot. But the problem still occurs..
Also rebooting the system seems to give me problems. The computer gets stuck at the blue screen "Windows is shutting down" so I have to press and hold the power button to do it manually.
There doesn't seem to be a virus since I have Kaspersky, SuperAntiSpyware, and SpyEraser functional. Even after turning them off, the problem still occurs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

Do you have all the updates you need for windows and for the network card?

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users