Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macromedia Flash Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wedgewood

wedgewood

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

:flowers: :thumbsup: alright let me start at the beginning. Firstly: i'm using xp media center' on a dell dimension 9200. i have rang tech and software support and they can not fix my problem (just take my £)
Every time i try and use any software that requires adobe flash/macromed flash player, i keep getting the same error, it say's that i need to install flash player, which i have uninstalled and then reinstalled manually and automatically, any web sites that require the same flash player all work fine...yet when i try and use any software that requires macromed flash' i get a request to install macromed' flash as previously mentioned. The software was all working fine, then a few weeks ago it all just stopped loading. I also at times get this error code C:Windowssystemem32\Macromed\Flash\flash9.ocx failed to register contact your support personnel hresult-2147220473 i have paid nearly£50 with a software tech' who could not work it out, if anyone out there can help me at all i would be so greatful, you just wouldn't believe it . I hope this makes sense "as it is the first time i've used a forum."

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 27 March 2007 - 01:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

Uninstall flash using the link below and then reinstall it.

How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 wedgewood

wedgewood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

Uninstall flash using the link below and then reinstall it.

How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player

i have done this hundreds of times, i just can not sus' :thumbsup: it out, doe's the error mean anything to you?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Perhaps as Adobe has replaced Macromeda flash thru buy out you may need to install Adobe Flash Player,as I don't know what you've reinstalled.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

In Control Panel be sure the Show updates box is checked in ADD/remove so nothing is hidden for removal.
Also uncheck the box by 'Install Yahoo toolbar before proceeding to download AFP9
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 wedgewood

wedgewood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:09 AM

i have re-installed adobe flash player and un installed it time and time again, i need to download an older version of macromedia flashplayer, as the software that uses macromed used 2 work before flash (adobe) 9 was automatically updated...the software is quite basic and old yet it is essential 2 me...thanks, but i have tried all of the other solutions, i'm still being told to install macromed player(which i have) in erreor form.help

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:20 PM

I found these
Old Versions of Flash Player
http://www.oldapps.com/Macromedia_Flash_Player.htm

Archived Flash players available for testing purposes http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14266

http://messenger.msn.com/flash/

Flash Player 9.0.28.0 (Complete Standalone Installer)

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

Edited by boopme, 28 March 2007 - 06:24 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users