Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip Address Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fixit66

fixit66

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

I am working on a friends computer that was badly infected with Malware and a couple Viruses. I have been able to get all of those removed however I still cannot get the NIC to recognize my router or modem's IP address. It just registers the Auto Config 169.254.27.10 and Subnet of 255.255.00 and the Default Gateway is blank. I have a feeling that one of the viruses when removed did some damage. I have removed the hardware and reinstalled, tried to roll back the driver but there was none, I updated the driver to the most current, used different Ethernet cables, plugged into different ports on my hub, disabled any firewalls and no luck. I know the hub is working because I have another desktop that is working just fine as well as my laptop is reading the router and working. My NIC is a Broadcom 440X Integrated and is built into the motherboard. I am running out of options besides trying to reset the TCP/IP Stack if maybe it got corrupted. Thanks for reading this and any feedback.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eoin

Eoin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

Have you tried reseting the winsock? I usually, after everything you have done, reset the winsock, unplug the ethernet, reset the modem, reboot pc. Let the pc come up and modem. After that, reconnect ethernet and you should pull a valid ip.
~~~The Infamous Eoin~~~

Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

from The Book of Mozilla, 11:9
(10th Edition)

#3 fixit66

fixit66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

That was the ticket...thank you so much Eoin for taking the time to give the advice. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users