Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cmos Battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

is someone knows how to fix the problem with CMOS battery? mine seems to have gotten expired.

ideas will be very much appreciated.tnx in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

If you know where the CMOS battery is remove it, take it to your local drug store and match it up with a new one and reinstall it. You will need to reset your date and time.

If you don't know where the CMOS battery is, it is located on the motherboard. It is about the size of a US quarter and the same color. The battery housing will have a metal clip holding it in place, you will need to pry this open to release the battery. When you remove it notice which side has the plus (+) on it so that you install the new battery with the plus in the same position.

Edited by dc3, 27 March 2007 - 10:07 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

thank you so much dc3.

#4 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:56 AM

i was getting " cmos battery low"message on the screen , press f1 to run setup. would this mean the battery needs to be replaced?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

It is possible that the battery does need to be replaced. But before you purchase another on, take the battery out for about an hour (don't ask me why to leave it out, because I really don't know why. This is something a tech suggested to me once), then replace it. You'll have to press F1 to reset the settings after putting it back in. If you still get the battery low message, replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users