Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email "postmaster Message &

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hi there

I have 2 problems which might be connected ??

1. Email not delivered (postmaster)
2. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:4664.

I have been trying to send an email but each time I get a message from postmaster@ ******

With :
The message ......etc from... to .... failed to be delivered as the recipient is unknown on this server.

Please update your address book asap.

I searched the web for this problem and according to some, this is actually a trojan: Win32.Mydoom.O

Is this true and how do I get rid of it if it is?

AKA:
Win32.Mydoom.AX [Computer Asso, Win32.Mydoom.AY [Computer Asso, MyDoom.BC [F-Secure], MyDoom.BD [F-Secure], Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.am [Ka, W32/Mydoom.bc@MM [McAfee], W32/Mydoom.bd@MM [McAfee], W32/MyDoom-BC [Sophos], WORM_MYDOOM.BC [Trend Micro], WORM_MYDOOM.BD [Trend Micro]
Type: Worm
Infection Length: approx. 26kb
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:47 AM

Nat, here i am again. :flowers: :thumbsup:

THink you reall should post a HJT log now. Have been going over all your posts and I have the feeling you are still suffering multiple infections.

After you have posted a HJT log in the appropriate form do not make any alterations to your system.

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

:flowers: :thumbsup:

Well hello again Fozzie !!

Perhaps we should use direct mail seeing as you answer all my questions !!!

Will run HJT now and post the log and I PROMISE not to change anything on my computer !!

Seeing as you are so helpful, I've posted a thread in Win Xp regarding using my hard disk drive D. Can you have a quick look at the thread and see what you think ??

Big thanks.!
:trumpet:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users