Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ajax Compliance On Hand-held Devices

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Roger F. Gay

Roger F. Gay

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:08 AM

Testing AJAX compliance on a variety of devices.

If you have a device you'd like to test, try
Here
(server is not always up)

Anyone willing to run the test -- I'd be interested in results -- what device and software are you running (especially web browser) -- copy response that you get and post it. I am DEFINITELY interested if you get no response.

What is AJAX?

AJAX stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It's spiffy new STANDARD browser technology that's used in such advanced applications as Google Mail and Maps. The script in a web page can communicate directly with sophisticated applications on a server, does not have to wait for a response so you can do other (dynamic) things in the page while processing goes on in the background; and typically the html page will be updated with new information without reloading the whole page ... i.e. by just changing the information of interest in the page.

Test results so far:

PC Based: Successful tests in pretty much any up-to-date PC based browser. I've personally tested using MSIE, Firefox, and Opera.

Mobile: Here's where the trouble lies. Microsoft appears to be very late providing AJAX compliance for mobile devices. I've tested successfully using Opera, Minimo, and Opera for Symbian (S60 series smart phones - specifically tested using a Nokia E70).

Edited by groovicus, 27 March 2007 - 08:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users