Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What The?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tekchallenged

tekchallenged

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

I just rang the support number for my new HDD. It went something like this:

Welcome, to blahdy-blahdy-blah, etc. etc.

if you need support in English, press 1, (speaking french) si vous voudrez blahdy-blah, (speaking spanish) blahdy-blah, (speaking portuguese) blahdy blah

If you are calling for pre-sales blahdy-blah, press 1, warranty support, including this that and the other, press 2, technical support, press 4, this, press 4, that press 5, etc. etc.

are calling for support for this product, press 1, that, press 2, the other, press 3, etc etc

want this, press 1, that, press 2, etc. etc.

AND THEN: We are now closed. We are open during the hours of.....

Why couldn't they have said that at the beginning?
(It was actually pretty funny - I think somebody has been watching Monty Python, it had just that sort of quality.
:thumbsup: )
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:58 PM

But unfortunately all too true these days.

A real sign of the times. It would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating :thumbsup:

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

Worst thing is when you go thru about 15 menus then at the last one you make a mistake and their isn't a back button...

#4 tekchallenged

tekchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

Worst thing is when you go thru about 15 menus then at the last one you make a mistake and their isn't a back button...

Don't get me started :flowers: . The "worst" worst is when you go through the 15 menus and the person on the other end doesn't know anything about your specific issue (which is what all of the filtering is supposed to achieve...). [where I am, sometimes hitting "0" when you make a mistake will get you to the main switchboard - but not for the big companies who really don't want to speak to customers, they have a different number :thumbsup: ]

#5 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

People don't care these days they are just lazy

#6 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

:P With you on menus!!!!!!!Ahgggggggg!! & getting lost or the wrong button & no return opption.
It's all enough to drive ya B) My ex. years ago said "I never promised you a rose garden"-- the louse never told me I'd be weeding S*&$ for the rest of my life on a computer or phone though!! :cool:
When I do manage to get a rep. or tech I end up with someone in Japan or Bombay!! They don't understand me & I can hardly understand them :inlove: What I luv about Toshiba is being made to feel like the worlds biggest idiot when you do finally make it thru the maze, and talk about rude !!!! :thumbsup:
Sorry, got a little off the subject. Makes you wonder sometimes if there are really living people at these places or computers more intelligent & devious (menu options ya know) than we are!!!!!!! Will we ever know for sure???????????? :flowers: Scary ain't it ? :) Just :trumpet: to them.
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#7 Globe Roamer Jeff

Globe Roamer Jeff

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Um.. the ole InterNet connection is not happening... You've checked your gear. It's good. You ring up your ISP and go through this number punching process and finally arrive at a command to be patient as all available operators (two) are assisting other valued customers (hundreds).. In the meantime you get an announcement that says there are no problems with the system and are also advised it is quicker to get technical difficulties resolved by contacting the on-line support desk. Um hum. :thumbsup:

#8 tekchallenged

tekchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

...and are also advised it is quicker to get technical difficulties resolved by contacting the on-line support desk.

And you doubt this? I wonder why? My latest email to MS was "replied" to on 5 April 2007. Date of request? 17 March... Oh, and it doesn't answer the question at all... :thumbsup:
(BTW, my ISP lets you leave your number and they ring you back when your turn in the queue comes up.)

#9 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

The ones that really get me are the ones where you have to talk. "Yes, no, 123456789, no...." It gets frustrating when it says "Sorry I didn't understand you" and then it goes to its whole long spiel again and you have to wait till it is finished talking. :thumbsup: Then you get to the point where you give up and just scream OPERATORRRRRRR!

Dealing with the internet techs (live person and automated) are a pain. Just last week I had to call them and went through the whole resetting thing and then they tell me ok disconnect the cables and call back in 45 mins to and hour if you are still having problems. Of coarse I had to call them back and go through the whole process again with a different tech telling me the same thing the first one did. :flowers: unplug, call back. So when I called back for the second time they finally tell me "Ohh well we have had a lot of calls from people in your area it seems there is a problem in your area and we will send someone out there" Of coarse they didn't have an ETA on when the internet and cable would be working. :trumpet:

#10 tekchallenged

tekchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

The ones that really get me are the ones where you have to talk.

I refuse to talk to a computer. I just keep silent until the computer gets stroppy and tells me "she'll" just put me through to a person. .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users