Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question Concerning The Desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrKevorkian

DrKevorkian

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

This problem is very simple and may or may not be able to be solved.
I have two drive disks in my computer (C:\ , D:\) but I can only get one desktop to show. I have split up my computer files based on their category; 'work' and 'play' essentially. Programs, applications and certain files are stored onto the C:\ drive which is dedicated to the 'work' side of computers. However on the other side, on the play disk drive, I have music, movies and media files.
That is the background information that may be able to assist you when trying to help me.

The issue:
I cannot get files from both disks to show up on the desktop which has been bothering me because I obviously would like shortcuts to the applications, which include several Adobe and Macromedia programs. In the meantime, I would prefer to have both types of files on my desktop, and this means that songs and movies, mostly in folders, would be displayed on the desktop. I know the desktop folder is at a certain location on the, in this case, C:\ drive. On my computer it is C:\Documents And Settings\~MY NAME~\Incomplete\Desktop\
Put simply:
I would like to have two files from seperate drives on my desktop.

Thank you.
<3 REMEMBER THE DAY YOU SET ME FREE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hello,

Cant you copy files from the D drive to the desktop? is the D drive external?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 DrKevorkian

DrKevorkian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

I could copy them, but I have gigabytes of music: nearly 12..? maybe. And the issue emerges because I would like to conserve space, which means that I wouldn't copy the file, but if I left them on the D:\ drive, I don't think I would be able to place them on the desktop. Unless...?

ps. they are both inside my computer.
both about 45 gigs each. windows is on the C:\ drive
<3 REMEMBER THE DAY YOU SET ME FREE

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

How about creating a Desktop shortcut on the C: drive to the folders located on the D: drive?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users