Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video And Audio Problem Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guitrwailinninja

guitrwailinninja

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

I was watching a movie on my laptop yesterday and I got several errors, so i had to shut it down manually (this happened maybe twice) After rebooting, the sound has been 'jerky' as well as the video--when i play songs they skip slightly about once every two seconds, and I cant even move my mouse across the screen without it skipping across the screen (it is not lagging, it feels as though the cpu is just spiking or something, because it runs smoothly for a while then things just skip forward a bit)

The only thing I did different yesterday was i installed kazaa lite resurrection...

I experience the problem in safe mode, and I even did a virus and spyware scan. pleeeeeease help me :thumbsup: :flowers:

My basic specs are (to my knowledge)

intel centrino duo processor 1.6 ghz
ati mobility x1300
i dont know the mobo
1.5 gigs paired pc5300 Ram at 533 mhz (i think)
ive got 2 HDs on it, one is a 60 gig with 9.1 gig left, the backup is a 20 gig with about 130 mb left

i cant sys restore because i recently cleaned up all my earlier restore points, i have yet to scan the registry, i dont have a reg scanner program...please help :trumpet:

i havent reinstalled the drivers either, but i dont know why the drivers would both become corrupt simultaneously....maybe it's the hard drive?

thanks in advance, if there's anything else anyone needs to know if they're going to help me just ask :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 guitrwailinninja

guitrwailinninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

also, my cpu spikes from 3-5 percent when the skips occur

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:42 AM

Have you tried to uninstall Kazaa and see if that helps? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:24 AM

That could be a harddisk problem.

There could be a number of issues at hand here. The shortest way is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for red crosses, selec them them and post the contents here.
Event viewer tut

What you perhaps first could try is :

go to "Explorer " Rightclick the harddisk propperties extra click the radiobutton "check the volume for errors "and tick the two boxes. Click ok. You will be asked to reboot do that and post back any errors you may get

#5 guitrwailinninja

guitrwailinninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

That could be a harddisk problem.

There could be a number of issues at hand here. The shortest way is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for red crosses, selec them them and post the contents here.
Event viewer tut

What you perhaps first could try is :

go to "Explorer " Rightclick the harddisk propperties extra click the radiobutton "check the volume for errors "and tick the two boxes. Click ok. You will be asked to reboot do that and post back any errors you may get

To wilda, yes i uninstalled kazaa :-/

but thanks fozzie i'll try it right now and post any errors i get, i did a scandisk on the c drive (which i just found out is partitioned into 2 drives), but i'll try what you said

#6 guitrwailinninja

guitrwailinninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

fixed it...thanks for the help

turns out it was the RAM....i did a sysrestore and it still jumped and for some reason i thought maybe i should check the ram...so i took it out and it works fine. sys restored for nothing :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users