Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danniboo

danniboo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

I am having a problem with my Internet Explorer. I can log on to the inernet just fine, but when I try to open up a new window that is when the problem arises. When I try to open up a new window the previos window will automatically close. It will only close if there is an address bar on the IE page. This is becoming a great inconvienence because I lose where I previosly was on the internet.I have had my HijackThis log checked, and it isn't a serious security issue. But I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me!!!!

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 26 March 2007 - 03:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

:flowers: hi sorry if i sound bit daft but doesn't the previous page close anyway unless you open a new tab?what i mean is if you go to a new pge the last one will automatically close doent it? mybe i'm misreading your post if i am not what your saying sounds norml to me :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

Perhaps you can look thru this article called; Supercharge Your Surfing with Tabbed Browsing .
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 danniboo

danniboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

No the previous page doesn't close. It normally will just open up a new page and also keep the old one open. Even if I right click on a new page and get it to open the new browser in a new window. The previous one will close as if I clicked on the browser to close. It has never done this to me before.It will not allow me to open up an IE web page in a separate window.It will only allow me to have 1 web page at a time open. If the web page has an address bar in it, it will close before the next page will open. I hope I explained myself better.

Edited by danniboo, 26 March 2007 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users