Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maxtor Hardrive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Succor

Succor

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

I have a 20GB hardrive that i'm trying to get my data off of. So if all possible I can't format! If I have to do that then I will exept it but if I can get into it with out formatting then please help with this post. This isn't my first time setting up a slave drive but this ones got me stumped a little, so i'm calling on help to see what i'm doing wrong.

I set it up as a slave drive an its showing up in the device manager as working properly but not showing up in my computer, the drive is there though. I went to computer manager and tis is what its reading:

Disk 1
Dynamic

Foreign - with a yellow error triangle with a pound on it.

This drive is a Maxtor DiamondMax plus - 20GB -

Is there anything I can do to retrieve the data on it or am I screwed?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum, as requested. ~ Animal
Not a problem. :thumbsup:

Edited by Animal, 26 March 2007 - 03:35 PM.

Theres hope for most, but only patiance for few.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Succor

Succor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Can someone move this to the Hardware forum? Not sure what I was doing here. Sorry & thanks.
Theres hope for most, but only patiance for few.

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

Unless this partition was split across 2 or more disks/partitions, it sounds like the partition itself got corrupted.

TestDisk is a good tool to recover entire partitions.

If that doesn't work you can try the more general data recovery tools, PC Inspector is a good free one. The one I use frequently is called GetDataBack. It isn't free, but it's worth it if it works. You can download the program to see if it will recover your data, and if it finds it you can purchase a key to enable the full recovery feature.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users