Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Delete A Dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bunker

Bunker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

Even with a Safe Mode boot, Windows 2000 is "Using" that awful seppgs.dll file that came into my life with Haxdoor and I can't rename or delete it..I can't get it to stay out of my registry file either..

Has anyone had good results with any trojan or spyware elimination software that works on this?? I'd appreciate a recommendation from the knowledgeable!

Thanx.

Moved from "Win2000" Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 26 March 2007 - 10:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

Info from Bleeping Computer:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10501/horseservernet-klikfeedcom-backdoorhaxdoord-analysis/

You are probably going to need help with removing the infection.
Post a Hijack this log in the Hijack This Forum by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Bunker

Bunker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the guidance!!

The AVG anti-spyware program encrypted that .dll file and everything is now as it should be- I shouldn't be getting spam emails from myself anymore now!

One thing I was going to try, should software not work, was to make my hard drive a slave and boot up with an older un-infected ME or Win 98 hard drive as the master. I was hoping that I could delete that .dll system folder file in a slave drive.

If all else failed, that may have been an option?

Again, much thanks for the help!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

One thing I was going to try, should software not work, was to make my hard drive a slave and boot up with an older un-infected ME or Win 98 hard drive as the master. I was hoping that I could delete that .dll system folder file in a slave drive.

An easier thing to do in this situation would be to get hold of something like an UBCD. Boot from that and delete the file. No need to mess with the hardware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users