Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is It Bad Doctor?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 discodeath

discodeath

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:45 AM

I decided to try HijackThis partly because a friend said to. And also because my computer
has likes to close out games I play online after only being logged in for 5 minutes, or freeze after that
and if its really on a roll the whole computer freezes :/

So ummm...yeah:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 8:24:04 AM, on 3/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\aniServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [iSproggler] "C:\Program Files\iSproggler\iSproggler.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Airgo Networks NIC Service (ANISERVICE) - Airgo Networks, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\aniServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Matt/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif

--
End of file - 3849 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:47 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today.
Good news - I see no malware in your log, but I have a few extra steps that you can try to take in order to ensure it runs quickly and efficiently.
A whole host of reasons might account for this slow down, but I will highlight the most prominent ones below.
On most computers malware is the most common cause, but at the moment I do not think this is the case.
You might like to limit the programs that are loading when your computer starts; you might have unnecessary software loading when you boot your computer which is eating away at your CPU and ultimately slowing down your computer. Many programs install a quick launch feature which is not needed; if you want to use the program you can start it up manually. The easiest way to see whether a program is needed at startup, you can use bleeping computer's own list, which gives an indication of whether the program is required/optional etc. Note that essential processes such as those for your anti-virus or your modem must be kept.
So, firstly click on start, then run and type msconfig. Then hit enter.
Click on the startup tab and a list of programs will appear.
You can compare the startup name with those on the startup list. The link is below:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups

To stop a program loading at boot, just remove the tick.
Click "OK", and choose to restart.

You might like to try and clear clutter off your computer, and free up some space on your hard drive.
Old games, unwanted photos and unused programs could be a starting point.
You can also clear clutter such as temporary files by doing the following:
Go to Start | Run.
Type the following in the box --> cleanmgr and click ok.
Let it scan your system for files to remove.
Make sure only Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are checked.
Press OK to remove them.

Next you can defragment your hard-drive...when was the last time you did this?
Windows puts new files in any available open space and defragging will cluster files closer together making your hard drive more efficient.
This saves wear and tear while speeding up programs.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
3. On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
4. Click Defragment.
5. This process takes quite a long time, so be patient.

You might also like to read the following tutorial as additional information to the above:
These self-help instructions can be found here

Also try running the Windows repair facility:
Go to Start | Run and type in "sfc.exe /scannow" (without the quotes) and press Enter. It may ask for your XP Installation CD. Once it's done, please visit Windows Update to ensure that you've got the latest hotfixes and updates (sfc.exe replaces system files when it runs).

Please let me know if this seems to have helped in your next reply.
Thanks,
Charles

Edited by rookie147, 27 March 2007 - 10:48 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a Personal Message including a link to your thread.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users