Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiding Files (like Hidden System Files)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

I have Office 2003 Pro preinstalled (only good advantage is no activation)....any

originally it was a hidden file but i had to use "Show Hidden Files Folder Option" to view this so i could reinstall it...anyway, i forgot to change the setting back aftwerwards and i was deleting stuff from my "D" partion (i have "C" Windows and "D" partions) and when i put it back and put the hide system files and folders and didn't go back as a hidden file can i put it back so its hidden to avoid this problem again?

(I have burned a backup copy onto discs)...one othe problem i encounted was i never got a product key which stunk, so i don't know how you're suppose to reinstall anyway i rang microsoft and they gave me a new key at no charge which was a surprise....

hope you can help.....

izzy

Edited by Izzy, 26 March 2007 - 07:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:27 AM

Hello,

If you want to make a file or folder hidden, right click on the file or folder, select properties, at the bottom where it lists attributes, check the box that says hidden.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Thenk you very much, that worked a treat, always wondered what the Hidden thing was for down there, now i know if you have things you don't want accidently deleted there is a way though putting on to a disc is just as easy tooo, again thank you.

izzy

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Your welcome, glad it worked
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic