Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Boot Up Issues, Keeps Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radiokaos

radiokaos

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

Hello to all:

I was reffered to this forum from a mod on this site. Recently I had some issues with some malware and worked with a mod in the hijackthis forum. All went well and I was able to remove the problem. HOWEVER, there are some pretty nasty issues right now on my system.

1. System will not boot up in regular mode....gives me a prompt stating my floppy is not working and also I need to do a BIOS update.

2. I can only boot up in Safe mode

3. I have tried to remove the floppy via uninstall and pulled the ribbon cable as well.

4. Try to perfom a windows revert and no luck either

5. I did get a blue screen with the message of "IRQL Not less or equal" a few times

If you are intersted in my process from my hijack logs please ask....also if you look at the thread below it will show you this issues that came about.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85071/spy-dawn-issue-and-infection/

I'm ready to shoot a hole in this computer but I know that wont work. I'm pretty sure my floppy is ok, and I don't want to do the BIOS update in fear that there may be a virus. I have removed the floppy both physicaly and uninstall but had no luck. I also checked my ram and it seems to be working.

Any help or suggestions would be great...I would like to avoid a remformat since I have a ton a data that is pretty important

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

First thing I would do is to boot in Safe Mode and backup your important data. Then, while still in Safe Mode run the system file checker (sfc) sfc /scannow.

System File Checker (sfc)
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 radiokaos

radiokaos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

tried it but nothing worked...upon restart with comand prompt only I was given this message

Error Code 0X000006ba (RPC Server is unaviable)

Any ideas...my computer is starting to fall apart, and now I had to switch keyboards due to a glitch when depressing the keys. It would seem weird that I had such major hardware issues right after some virus or malware. My CPU is only 3 years old, checked ram and it was ok, check video driver and uploaded a new one. Pulled floppy and no luck. Still getting bad floppy 080 error and bios needs updating. I'm holding off on updating BIOS since it might be a virus as well.

Thanks for your help and input

Edited by radiokaos, 26 March 2007 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users