Hello to all:
I was reffered to this forum from a mod on this site. Recently I had some issues with some malware and worked with a mod in the hijackthis forum. All went well and I was able to remove the problem. HOWEVER, there are some pretty nasty issues right now on my system.
1. System will not boot up in regular mode....gives me a prompt stating my floppy is not working and also I need to do a BIOS update.
2. I can only boot up in Safe mode
3. I have tried to remove the floppy via uninstall and pulled the ribbon cable as well.
4. Try to perfom a windows revert and no luck either
5. I did get a blue screen with the message of "IRQL Not less or equal" a few times
If you are intersted in my process from my hijack logs please ask....also if you look at the thread below it will show you this issues that came about.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85071/spy-dawn-issue-and-infection/
I'm ready to shoot a hole in this computer but I know that wont work. I'm pretty sure my floppy is ok, and I don't want to do the BIOS update in fear that there may be a virus. I have removed the floppy both physicaly and uninstall but had no luck. I also checked my ram and it seems to be working.
Any help or suggestions would be great...I would like to avoid a remformat since I have a ton a data that is pretty important