Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachine Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cha'kwaina

Cha'kwaina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

I received an eMachine from a friend and it is running Win98--which is fine with me. But, to get all the stuff she had on it off, I used the system restore cd and formatted and re-installed everything from it. Then I have it networked, WiFi, with my other computer to share DSL, files and printers.

Here's the problem, when I go to the <Start> menu and click on <Windows Update> it gives me a message saying that mac users' need to get updates from another website.

I manually dl-ed IE 6 which solved my inability to dl the file & printer sharing from ISP I needed/wanted but I'd like to update Win98.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Cha'kwaina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

Here is a link with each update listed. If you cannot install fro the net right click and select "Save target location". That will allow you to save the files, so you can install them directly from your computer.

Windows 98 Updates

Edited by acklan, 26 March 2007 - 06:14 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

Try the following site. Read through it carefully before proceeding.

ERPMan's Windows 98 & Windows ME System Updates Page

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 28 March 2007 - 09:03 AM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users