Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening Email Client Via Email Link Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mentallo

mentallo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

Here is the problem: I have my email client (PocoMail) set as my default email client. It shows up as default client in the "Default Program section" in IE7.
When I click on a email link, whether it's in another program or on a website, my email client doesn't open the compose window with the address entered BUT IE7 starts and opens about 80 windows which need to be killed with Task Manager. By the way, this has nothing to do with PocoMail because it also happens when Thunderbird is set as default.

I am stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mentallo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:51 AM

Has this been resolved?

you could try the following : START RUN type : regsrvr32 urlmon

Edited by fozzie, 01 April 2007 - 06:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users