Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newbie in hawaii

newbie in hawaii

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

1st. post to this forum, appreciate any help in advance....

New build, plan to run XP Professional OEM version that I am certain that I will have to d/l service pack 2 into.

What would I need to do to upgrade to XP Media 2007?
Would I want to do this?
How much of a hassle is it?
Is it possible at all? :thumbsup:
"Ua mau ke ola o ke kai"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

It is possible as long as your system requirements are good to go. I would say go ahead and install XP SP2, and when you get your Media Center, pop the disk and an perform an UPGRADE. This way you wont lose any files and it will install fine. (You can put the disk in while windows is running, and select Upgrade installation and then sit back and answer some simple questions)

Gavin Seabrook

#3 DanC1186

DanC1186

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

Yeah but do you really want Media Center

Its ok, my new computer has it and its ok, but I don't really that its OOOH SOOO MUUCHH better than XP with SP2.
It has a really cool jukebox function, but other than that I found that the entire Media Player bundle that came with it was way too bloated. I like third party software better anyways but thats just me.

I dont think that the Media Center version includes any security updates that aren't available for service pack 2

Anyone know about that???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users