Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Geforce 7300le, Display Problem. Please Help :(

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ketan

Ketan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

Hallo Nvidia masters and other scholar users,
I bought the Geforce Nvdia 7300LE 256mb, because the onboard x3000 graphic card on my Intel 965WH motherboard didnt give signal to my Sony SDM-E76A 17" monitor (1280 x 1024 resolution).
I have some problems with the card-
1)When I hold and drag windows, the contents blur or shake, as if sliding on rough surface. Is it like that? or the card is suppose to show its performance? Am I suppose to do any settings for the card to perform totally?
2)When I click the Nvidia tray icon the monitor restarts, and restarts again when I bring the Nvidia Control Pannel. Even while right clicking on video files it does restart.

3)Sometimes there appear prominent ghost reflection sharows at the right side of each object on my screen including the text. Right now everything is clear but it could happen anytime. I also see a red color burning around some text on my screen. The text in between rhandomly appear very crude and have red burnt like borders around. Surely not the monitor problem because the monitor's integrated menu, the 'No Signal' and Data Cable Unplugged' messages appear very clear and sharp.
The pins are also not bent.
I tried uninstalling the default Forceware version 91.47 that gets installed by the driver CD. I tried using some unofficial drivers but didn't work either. Now I updated the firmware to the 93.71 version which is the latest from Nvidia. There is some improvement in colors but, all the problems still exist.
Please help me,:thumbsup: if you know or have experienced such problems. Thanks.
see you soon, truely Ketan.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

You should not have any problems if you went to nvidias web site and downloaded the newest drivers. IS this card an AGP or PCI-E card? If AGP, what is your port speed? 2x, 4x, or 8X? If PCI-E is it a 1x or 16x?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Ketan

Ketan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

Hallo Gavin, thank you for replying :flowers:
Sorry I was sleeping at night when you replied.
This card is PCI Express. The PCI Express port speed is 16x. (And I also have extra three small 1x ports)
Yesterday when I tightened the data cable of the monitor, I didn't face the shadow reflection on my screen so far, unless some faint white brackets on the right side of each object on screen.

Yes I went to Nvidia website and downloaded and installed the latest original driver. The colors have improved.
But I still have the problem no 1 ) and 2) that I have stated in the post. :thumbsup:

see you soon, Ketan.

Edited by Ketan, 26 March 2007 - 12:44 AM.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

Might want to adjust your refresh rate to a lower level.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

Does the strange effects show up in screenshots?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 JustinDSE

JustinDSE

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

RE: Issue number 1, by shake and blurry do you mean when you drag it, it kind of jumps and reforms the window very slowly (kind of hard to describe what it looks like but if it is what I think, you will find the same happens when scrolling down pages). If this is what is happening then this commonly is caused by drivers not installed or problems with the driver.

Check in your device manager to see if there are drivers installed, to do this: right click my computer, select properties. Click on the hardware tab (or device manager tab in 98), select device manager, click the plus next to display adaptors (if there is a problem you won't need to click plus) and check your graphics card is listed there. If you see your card there listed with a yellow exclamation mark next to it then the drivers are not installed properly and will need to be updated.

You may already know these things but just in case you don't I posted how to check anyway.

#7 Ketan

Ketan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

Hallo,
I found out that when I click on the video files associated to Windows Media player, the monitor restarts. I associated them all to Winamp,, now it does not happen.
I also found out that, since when I tightened the data cable at the back of my LCD monitor, the ghost reflections doesn't appear now.
Yes Justin I understood what you explained about. The drivers are installed, and no the window does not jump like the web page scroll (with mouse wheel). Just more short steps than that. When I drag the windows it appears like, when a massage vibrator is placed on your head and your vision shakes. This is not suppose to happen with such a good Nvidia 7300LE card, isn't it right?
see you.

#8 JustinDSE

JustinDSE

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:09 PM

That definitely is not normal, not sure what it might be sorry, out of ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users