Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Looking For "mass Storage Drivers?"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickrh72

rickrh72

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

Hi
I am trying to get Vista to load on a new system. I think the problem is mobo related. I have a Gigabyte 965p-DQ6 Rev. 3.3. When I try to load Vista, the drivers it is asking for are for the raid controllers, because the Western Digital caviar RE2 500Gb HD is seen by the bios but not by Vista. When I boot Vista, after the com. code is entered, it goes to a page that askes Where do you want to install windows? At the bottom of the page it states, NO DRIVES WERE FOUND. CLICK LOAD DRIVER TO PROVIDE A MASS STORAGE DRIVER FOR INSTALATION. I have downloaded the driver and tried to install them here but it will not let me. I was told that holding the F6 key just after post but before Vista disk boots, I should be able to load the drivers here but I can't. It takes me into the boot manager with no options to load drivers. Dose any one have any ideas what to do? I have tried just about every thing I can think of. Thanks for your help and have fun, Rick

Edited by rickrh72, 24 March 2007 - 07:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

Put the SATA drivers on a floppy as the mobo manual describes. Then go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Locate the SATA controller, right click on it and select "Update driver software". In the next dialogs, tell it to search your computer (rather than on the internet) and point it to the floppy drive.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 rickrh72

rickrh72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

This is afresh install so I don't get a run menue. I have the drivers extracted like it says in the manual and tried to load them in the window where it can't find the drivers. It sees the drivers on the A/ drive and scans to load them but it still says it can't find the drivers for mass storage device. I went from :huh: to :huh: in one click. What can I try next? thanks and have fun, Rick

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

You don't need Run (although you can restore it through the Properties of the Start button). Just click once on the Start button and start typing - it really does work just like the Run command (although it runs with Standard User permissions).

You can also create a shortcut to it on the Desktop and then right click and Run As Administrator.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users