Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Open Office: 1. How To Set Labels Bottom Margin? 2. How To Set All Labels To Be Right To Left Typing? 3, 4, 5 Followed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfdfdf

dfdfdf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

open office: 1. how to set labels bottom margin? 2. how to set all labels to be right to left typing? 3, 4, 5 followed

very frustrated.
my labels paper sheet are:
A4
105X35 mili each label
2 columns
8 rows

1. there is no bottom margin that should be like the upper.
how do i set bottom margin?
Posted Image
Posted Image

2. how do i set all of the page labels to be right to left writing formating?. i use right to left language.

3. how can i make one file with many many pages of labels template?

4. how can i fill the labels template with text?. the text is separated by two enters. meaning that there is one empty sentence and then another text for label.

5. i want that when the text pasted the text will adjust itself the the label space? how can i be sure that when i do step 4 the text will not exceed the label space?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

Part of the answer is that there are preset label templates in the program. There should be a code on your label package. You would then look for a matching code in the label program.

On the labels tab you see in the first screen shot you posted, on the bottom portion you will see Brand: Here you select the brand name of the labels. I did see a few A4 entries under a couple different brand names and Type: Here you select the code of the labels.

If what you need isn't there, then you can create your own template. OpenOffice help topic with the title Labels subtopic Creating and sychronizing will tell you how to do that. Click on Help --> OpenOffice.org Help (this will not take you to a website, but the help files stored on your computer). Type Labels in the search box and it will take you to where you can see that topic. There will be links to other topics that may also help you including one on printing labels.
---------
I have no clue how to right align all the labels on a sheet. I'm interested in that answer with a twist; I want to center mine. I haven't figured it out yet. I can do it in MS Word, but haven't solved it in OpenOffice yet.

Orange Blossom
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dfdfdf

dfdfdf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:11 AM

thanks, at the end i had more problems with printing it so i don't know what to do now. i've tried many programs as well.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

I have never use Writer to do labels, so I can't help you. You may want to look for your problem, or simply ask it, at the OO.o forum:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=2

You might the solution in the OO.o User Guide available in .pdf from OO.o.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users