Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website Not Accessible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dcanoli

dcanoli

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

Okay, I give up! As usual, I am turning to the experts here at bleepingcomputer for an answer....uugghh!

Here's the problem:

I can pull up every single website EXCEPT this one: ww.disboards.com.

I have IM'd people, and they tell me they can pull the website up just fine. I have searched everywhere possible to try and change things (i.e., security settings, ad blockers/pop-up blockers, etc. etc. etc.). Nothing works!

I used the site yesterday morning, and it worked fine. Then, when I had to go back in the afternoon, I couldn't get it. Just the usual, "This page cannot be displayed," page from MS/IE.

I have updated programs, rebooted, etc., and today, I still can't pull up the site. Can one of you geniuses solve this puzzle? I ABSOLUTELY give up!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:28 PM

I don't think it is on your end. I am getting a message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

#3 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

Well, I'm trying to find out how it COULD be on my end when everything else works.

My husband said the site could be busy or it could be our location...however, I don't understand why others can get it to come up...

I have e-mailed the site, but of course, they haven't responded....

Maybe some others will see and try it and post their results too--I hope!

Thanks for trying!

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

Works fine from here. Try it from this link.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users