Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100% Usage..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 silly

silly

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

ok pretty much out of no where my computer just sticks at 100% usage and then like 10 minutes later it shuts itself down. i have been thinking it is microsoft update trying to connect to the internet because i think thats when its happened the most. im not sure though. i recently got rid of plenty of trojans/adware so any help or light i can shed on this issue will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

recently got rid of plenty of trojans/adware so any help or light i can shed on this issue will be appreciated.

Are you sure you got rid of them all?

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/]SuperAintiSpyware

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html]Bitdefender

#3 silly

silly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

ok i will try that in a little bit. im thinking its my psu but im probably getting a new one with a new vid card in a few days.

#4 silly

silly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

ok now whenever i play css it reboots. im going to scan now.

#5 silly

silly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

scanning with superantispyware. so far it detected 4 tracking cookies and 30 entries of unclassified.oreans32. any ideas what that oreans one is?

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

Apparently you're still infected :flowers: I'd suggest that you post a HJT (Hi-Jack This) log in our forums. Start HERE, follow the instructions, and by the time you're done, hopefully you're computer will be "like new" :trumpet:

Good luck! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...c=85940&st=

This thread will now be closed. Any further advice given may result in changes to your log and thus will change analyses of what needs to be done. Please do not start a new topic for the same problem.

We always did feel the same

We just started from a different point of view

Tangled up in blue--Bob Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users