Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Voips

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 purplegirl15

purplegirl15

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

have you tried a VoIP phone yet? how does it work? is it less cheaper if i ise a VoIP unit instead of my telephone line?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

1. have you tried a VoIP phone yet? Yes.
2.how does it work? Through numerous softwares that communicate with other networks softwares, which includes telephone networks software.
3. is it less cheaper if i ise a VoIP unit instead of my telephone line? Yes.

You can use something like Skype, and pay (I think it's $38 per year) + your internet connection, and there's your phone bill.

I've been using VoIP for a few years now and it's better than a traditional phone line, and mainly because a VoIP call can't be intercepted, even from the NSA. :thumbsup: They can't do it. Right now technology doesn't allow for those types of calls to be monitored, nor intercepted, nor recorded.

Also, with VoIP, you can call anyone, mostly anywhere in the world, and you'll stay anonymous. Even the phone companies can't trace, nor monitor those calls.

But if you get a VoIP phone set, you need to make sure that you have these things:
a. A fast internet connection. I would personally go no lower than cable.
b. Have a fast processor in your computer, and plenty of R.A.M.
c. A decent mic/headset... or just go buy a VoIP phone. Personally, I haven't heard any quality differences in the two of them, so if you just have a mic/headset, that's all you need, and you're good to go.

VoIP is way better than a traditional, and cell phone, and satellite phone line. No matter which VoIP service you use, you're safer using them than any other phone method around.

And if you want to go really out while you're on the phone (VoIP), you can get you a voice changer software, and you can call anyone, and even if others call you, you can be anyone you want to be.. male or female, old or young... you name it.

Heeyyyy, technology made it.... so I use it. :flowers:

And one great benefit with the VoIP......... when you pay for a service... and even some FREE ones.. (if you can still find them)..... you can have any no# you want, including area code, and then, have that no# forward to your real no#.... so technically, no one will have your real no#, if you don't want them to have it, and you can forward the no# you're going to be at, at anytime you wish, no matter where you are.Very effective.

I use a service that lets me list up to 5 numbers, and it'll ring each no# in order until I answer, and it has the function as to where I can have certain no#'s ring at certain times and days of the week.

Go get you one!!! :trumpet:

#3 purplegirl15

purplegirl15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

okay... hmm.. after knowing all that information, i'd like to ask some more questions! haha! is there a VoIP provider that's for free which allows you to call a telephone line and at the same time, works on a dial up connection too? besides skype, what other VoIP provider will you suggest? i'd like some links to check out their services too. thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image

Free Voip

An example : VoipCheap - FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet!

You have to be aware that some have limited time where you can call free to landlines

#5 bubbagump

bubbagump

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

Free Voip

An example : VoipCheap - FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet!

You have to be aware that some have limited time where you can call free to landlines

yeah.. i second the motion. but if you happen to be on dial up, this site would be helpful too.

voip.com - lets you call a phoneline on your pc even if you're on dial up, unlimited and for free.

Edited by bubbagump, 26 March 2007 - 11:43 AM.

#6 purplegirl15

purplegirl15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

i've seen both sites and i think i'd go for the one that can be used on dial up since im on one :thumbsup: however, its a good thing that voip.com is free. i can call unlimited too. thanks for the site. do you think i should pursue their services?

#7 bubbagump

bubbagump

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:41 AM

i think so.. if you think their services are great, then i think you should go for it. been with them for almost a year now. got no qualms against their services. :thumbsup:

#8 peachesandscream

peachesandscream

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

interesting promos. nice QoS on their beta.. and it works on dial up.. i think im gonna go with voip.com.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users