Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Mv740 Monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NorthernMonkey

NorthernMonkey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

Wondering if anyone can help bit of a noob when it comes to computers, my monitor suddenly stopped working the other day, everytime I go to switch my PC on, the monitor seems to make all of the noises to switch on and the green light goes on, but then it switches off and will not come on. I've changed monitors but it does exactly the same thing with both.
I'm unsure what the problem is and if anyone has any advice it woud be appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Have you tried to hook this monitor to another computer=

Edited by fozzie, 24 March 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#3 NorthernMonkey

NorthernMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

I have tried to hook it up to another PC but does not seem to work, someone told me I may be in need of a new graphics card..

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

I have tried to hook it up to another PC but does not seem to work, someone told me I may be in need of a new graphics card..

That's an excellent diagnostic technique - if you can, try the monitor on another PC.

In this case, you say the monitor doesn't work there, either.

In that case, it clearly sounds like a bad monitor, and your PC graphic card may be fine.

Unless you are saying that you couldn't test it on another PC because you didn't have the right connection?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 NorthernMonkey

NorthernMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:06 PM

No I have tried a different monitor on my PC and that does not work. I have also tried my monitor on another PC and it does not work. So it seems as though I either have a faulty monitor or a faulty monitor & graphics card. Does that sound right??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users