Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YahooMessenger and Nortons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rwood1

rwood1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:22 AM

Hi

Hoping someone can help me.

I recently downloaded the new version of Yahoo Messenger. When I went to log in, Nortons sent up a warning about allowing YPager to connect to the internet. I accidentally told Nortons to always block YPager from connecting to the net. Now I can't sign in to Yahoo Messenger without disabling Nortons.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the block? I've tried to work it out and can't.

Cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:49 PM

I am not that familiar with Nortons firewall but if you go into the programs properties/options there should be a section for the programs that are allowed or not allowed to access the internet. Change the settings for the Yahoo pager accordingly.

#3 rwood1

rwood1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:45 AM

Grinler

You guys are unbelievable. This worked first go! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will now most definitely make a financial contribution to keep you guys online. This is the best service ever, and I can't believe it's free.

Cheers to you all!

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

Glad it worked out :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users