Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 William01

William01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:05 AM

]When I try to send e-mails with attachments I get a message saying that "Outlook Express has encountered a problem and has to close". Even if I don't receive this message frequenly the message is not received by the recipient although it aooears in my Outbox. Grateful for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

Here is just a few possibilities to consider:
If the file is larger than 2mb (2,048K), check with the recipient before sending to ensure that he/she will be able to receive it. Some Internet Service Providers place restrictions on message sizes.
Do not change the extension of the file. This extension (for example, .doc for Word documents, .xls for Excel spreadsheets) is used by Windows 95 to determine what program was used to create the file, and it also makes it easier for the recipient to know what type of file you have sent.
When sending an attachment, be specific when indicating what type of document is attached. If you know the software program and its version, include that in the message
Note: You may find it necessary to zip or compress the files.

Outlook Express Tips and Tricks

http://www.5starsupport.com/info/outlook-e...htm#attachments

The above site is excellent for using Outlook Express with a ton of info.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

Furthermore if the receipient also has Outlook Express and has not propperly configured it he will not receive the email since Outlook Express and attachments can be a RPITA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users