Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enable Force Remote Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:55 AM

i want to brng back the original configuration of the computer in which force remote shutdown is enabled by default.
i made it disabled by unchecking the small box beside local policy label of force remote shutdown policy found under user right assignment from local security policiy.is there any one who knows how to put it back?.
it's win2000 pc.

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:31 AM

Sorry for the delay but doed this link help. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317371
MCP
MSDST

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

nope.Previously workstations used to have settings with which other workstations can do remote shutdown and can shutdown even the server.Just a month ago,I had needed to disable it by tinkering with force remote shutdown policy under user assignments.However, for some reason I had to put it back to its orginal setting where only administrators is the defaullt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users