Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Band Poll

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite Band (40 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favourite band?

1. Led Zeppelin (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. Aerosmith (2 votes [5.00%])

3. U2 (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

5. Metallica (2 votes [5.00%])

6. Pink Floyd (2 votes [5.00%])

7. The Beatles (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

8. The Rolling Stones (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

9. Nirvana (2 votes [5.00%])

10. Others (22 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

I saw this in another forum and it was interesting to see the results.
This is the top 100 bands of all time.
No1 is Led Zeppelin
I personally like Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
Discussion encouraged.
State band if you chose others.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:24 AM

They Might Be Giants!!!

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:09 AM

I voted others, there were too many good ones out there to choose from... Besides, rock peaked in the '70's, and I'm not talking about the "top 40" crap you hear on the oldies radio stations today.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Wildabeast, 24 March 2007 - 02:09 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 KIDRoach

KIDRoach

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:01 AM

I can't decide =P

It's so hard to decide, i mean, there are so many good bands out there, and you can't just pick a specific band.
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

#5 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

there are a lot of bands i like, but iron maiden the most
Posted Image

#6 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

Went with other, I could narrow it down to maybe five if I had too.
Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden would be two of them...

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

Korn

Posted Image

#8 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

Wow every's choosing others maybe i should've replaced some of them with another...

#9 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

:thumbsup: the doors and the who should be on that list should'nt they? :flowers:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#10 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

It's too bad we'll only allowed 10 choices each poll.

#11 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

only my opinion but there is only 3 bnds that should be there :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#12 sq2

sq2

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

I have a lot of favorite bands, like Godsmack, Metallica, RUSH, etc

#13 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

I think the best idea would be not to give people the option of other, then they would HAVE to vote ha haa Posted Image

And in some ways my first reaction was to tick the other box, but then after reading your replys i suddenly realised, "hang on...its not as if a secret trapdoor is gona open up beneith me for not showing true loyalty to my favourite bands" :cool:

SO, moving on with a chuckle, i decided to rate my favourite, not according to which has the best album, or which one i listen to the most, but a kinda combination and comparrison of their attributes...consistency, how MUCH do i like my favourite song by them...How many songs do i know by them? and all of that, by the end of this (exciting Saturday night B) ) i decided Nirvana was the choice for me.

I chose them because, although i am no longer a t-shirt clad fan, i know that if someone stuck any one of their albums on i would probably still know all the words and rock to it, their riffs and style is as fresh today as it was in their hey day and i dont feel they had 1 dud album.

Bands like the chillis on the other hand. Amazing yes, but i have not really been blown away by anything since Blood Sugar Sex magic. All their latest is just gradually more and more diluted versions of the same, as with many bands.

Pink Floyd, i accept that many die hard fan would disagree and perhaps be disapointed if i said that i was only able to get into Dark side of the moon and relics. Theres nothing that wrong with the other stuff it just doesnt grab me. I find myself often feeling disturbed when the sax solo comes on in wish you were here and the others. I dont know why, i'm a great fan of John Coltrane and various sax jazz artists, the solos that pink floyd do just seem to disturb me.

Errrrm, who else was there...i'll post, look then edit, hang on....

Led Zep, another one that didnt ever really grab me despite having three copies of the album ha haaa which i cant even remember the name, with the stairway to heaven song on. Thats real funny, i cant even remember its name :thumbsup: i should have a clear out, far too many records, its so famous too. Yeah, i think i was overwhelmed by its sentimentalnous. What was his name, was it Tim Buckly? Jim was his son i know, but i got really into some stuff a mate lent me of Tim i think just playing guitar kinda non band stuff, it was cool :inlove:

Aerosmith, yeah yeah, the elevater song and living on the edge, but what did they give me apart from a peice of my brain taken up with the memory of those two songs :trumpet:

ermmm, Oh yeah, Metalica, no-ones voted for them yet, i feel slightly guilty, they DO rock :) i mean sandman and all that was amazing in tis time. I was never on the bandwagon though, i've only come to appreciate them really since their hay day.

The Beatles, hmm, i came close to voting for them, they definately had my vote in a technical sense, their music explored many styles and their "trippy" albums i.e seargent peppers lonely BLAH, was stunning. But i was never a fan of the beatles the way i was to Nirvana, i have a few of their albums which i might get out and blow the dust off occasionally, probably more often than Nirvana actually but considering the ratio of many they did to how many i liked, their just kinda a bit too nice, for a tune and therefore a band to be my favourite, they need to have a bit of grittynous aswell.

ok, i'll just have another quick edit again...

U2 NEVER grabbed me at all, they just make me laugh, take those poncy glasses off will you? you look like a fly :P . And i never really had a buzz with the Rolling Stones, I think perhaps whatever need their music catered for was filled by some other band that got there first, yeeeah.

cool anyways thats what i got to say on that, cool post :)
NICE ONE!!
nn23

BLIMEY, just checked that link out, now that would be a tough one to decide, i'm glad we only had to choose between 10 (thats if i did it right), it would take me ages to narrow down my faves from that other list! :flowers:

Edited by nn23, 24 March 2007 - 08:10 PM.

#14 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

I had a lot of favourite bands, among them are:

Omega (Hungarian band 70's);

Tangerine Dream;

Kraftwerk;

Triumvirat;

Emerson Lake & Palmer,

And so on.
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#15 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

I had a lot of favourite bands, among them are:

Omega (Hungarian band 70's);

Tangerine Dream;

Kraftwerk;

Triumvirat;

Emerson Lake & Palmer,

And so on.

hmm yeah, tangerine dream are pretty coool :flowers: , i think i got an album of theirs, its got a kinda light blue cover, i'll have to look.

Gogol Bordello would have definately gotten my vote awell if they were on there, they're BRILLIANT!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users