Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christinaemcc

christinaemcc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

Ok, So I am trying to download Outlook (I currently use Outlook Express but it is not compatible with my smartphone, the Motorola Q), but I don't want all the other programs (Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Word, etc).... so I know that it's bad and wrong to download software from p2p programs, but I tried to DL just Outlook from Ares... and it's supposedly an "EXE" file, but once it is DLed, and i double click on it... nothing happens except a "command prompt" screen briefly opens on the screen and then closes. It's not in my "programs" or my "recent documents" or anything.... I'm confused, how am I supposed to open / install it?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 24 March 2007 - 07:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

You shouldn't. Most exe files that you download from p2p contain viruses. Not to mention it's illegal & also against forum rules to discuss it.

Click link > FORUM RULES

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

Are there any other client applications that are compatible? Look for open source products that might work. You will be safer downloading these, and not have to worry about legal problems.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:29 AM

Thunderbird email client is compatible with the software for your smartphone.

Please stay away from P2P downloading without propper safety precautions. If you want to know where that it is leading to please take a look into our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Safety precautions are allways scan files, downloaded via P2P, with anti virus scanner and anti spyware scanner.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

Christina, now that you have downloaded and opened the file, I strongly suggest you check your computer for malware. As mentioned, .exe files from P2P sites very often include things that can infect your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users