Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Embed A Forum Into A Website?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonvialsdarling

Dragonvialsdarling

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

can anyone help me I have created a forum and want to put it into my website is thier a way i can do that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

What do you mean "put it into your website" you can't make a forum say using phpBB and add a code to a page on your website to insert. You remotely link to a forum. Like I use MyBB on /forum I have to link to that its a different design and everything.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

you can't make a forum say using phpBB and add a code to a page on your website to insert

You could embed a forum into your website by putting it into a frame, so yeah, you can. I know of a few forums that do exactly that in order to personalize their appearance of their forums. OF course, you have to know how to do frames (which isn't all that difficult really).

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

The easiest way to put a forum into your web site would be to already have your site up and running, and then simply add a link to the forum.

In other words, your site and the forum are of two different aspects, but of the same source (web site).

On your home page, or where ever, just make a link to the forum, and you'll keep the web site and the forum separate in case (when) something goes wrong with one, and it doesn't actually affect the other.

If you embed a forum into your site, you will need to know frames, and how to make them work properly, and most importantly,,,, remember this.............. if your site itself has problems, you'll most likely break your forum at the same time. But if they're separate, one won't affect the other, for the most part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users