Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Javascript Issue On Firefox.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

I use the latest FireFox as my default browser. On some sites I keep getting notices that I need to enable JavaScript.
" You need to have JavaScript enabled in order to use the new design". That is from yahoo mail.
http://us.f558.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?nojs=1

In most cases I have to use IE 7 to get on the site. I looked in my FF browser & I HAVE all JavaScript enabled!!
Tool>Option>Content Then I have, Load images automatically-Enable JavaScript & Java all ENABLED. Can anyone help figure out what i'm doing wrong.
Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

Do you have JavaRuntimeEnvironment installed on your computer, and if so, is it the latest version?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yorocco7

yorocco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

Ok so I went and DL the latest version of JavaRuntimeEnvironment 5 update 11. After i opened it it said i had other versions of it running and had to use add/remove program feature to uninstall the other version. I did that. I saw 2 types: JavaRuntimeEnvironment 5 update 6 & JavaRuntimeEnvironment 5 update 8. I removed both. then installed the newest one. I then went to the link that I originally posted from yahoo. It still says " You need to have JavaScript enabled in order to use the new design". I'm not sure what the problem is. You think it might be the same reason why I have a hard time playing video links from popular web sites like ESPN-CNN & FOX? I have a lot of extensions running with F.F. 1.5.0.1 could 1 of them be causing a trouble. My Bro said some extensions don't "play well with others".
Here are some specs from my browser:

-Latest ver. F.F.
-Pop up block-ON

Extensions
-Adblock +
-Adblock hidden element
-chatzilla
-customize google
-Dictionary lookup
-download statusbar
-downloadthemall
-fasterfox
-firefox showcase
-flashgot
-forecastfox
-foxclock
-IE tab
-IE view
-imagezoom
-mediaplayer connectivity
-Mousezoom
-Noscript
-passwordMaker
-PDF dowload
-skpe add-on
-tabbrowser preference
-talkback
-US english dictionary
-video downloader

Now I know thats a lot, but would any of these interfere with Java Script or video playing. (most of these were added recently after the Java & Video were already not working) So any help would be nice.
-Any advise of which add on to get rid of?
-Do all these add ons hurt/effect my browser stability & speed?
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

Noscript would block it, if you haven't allowed the sites in question.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:16 AM

Have you tried Firefox Safe Mode?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.