Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ok, This Is Sorta Wierd...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well i have it so whenever i do a search on my Address bar no www. or .com/.org/.net/.us/ect
so i have Hypercam 2 and wanted to do a search on the website its made by so i typed in "Hypercam 2" however it did not switch pages and promted to download a file, as i am a Safe Surfer, i turned off my pc manually using the (I) button on my Computer itself, not the moniter or the Shutdown buttion in start. I just wanted to know if it could harm my PC in anyway... my AOL Spyzapper didn't find anything so i think for spyware il be safe, but not sure about trojans viruses ect, dont tell me to download anything i know alot of anti-Spyware/anti-viruses. i think it was Hypercam2.dll or something

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

I hope your not relying on SpyZapper for any serious protection. SpyZapper works alongside AOL Spyware Protection to automatically target forms of spyware and other programs that may cause connection problems, performance issues, and security risks. The SpyZapper feature scans the computer and helps members decide whether they want to block the programs it identifies but this feature is not notably effective.

If your not using anything other than SpyZapper, then you are certainly at risk for malware infection. Please read "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe". Also see See BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

dont worry i am using other stuff.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hypercam2.dll did not return any results in any of the databases.(FWIW Neither did Hypercam.dll). The shortest way to get the source of the problem is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for red crosses, select them them and post the contents here.
Event viewer tut

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

Is this the page you were looking for?
http://www.hyperionics.com/

is the fastest and easiest way to take screen captures from Windows screen and text capture from places where system text copy is not possible. HyperSnap combines the power of a first-class screen capture application with an advanced image editing utility - wrapped into one easy-to-use tool.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is powerful video capture software that records AVI movies (screencam) directly from your monitor, for software presentations, software training, demos, tutorials, and fun! HyperCam supports text annotations, sound, and screen notes (great for creating automated software demos!). You can also select Frame rate and compression quality prior to video capture.

You asked if a hard shut down could harm your computer. Best answer is to avoid doing that as it can cause problems. But it does happen often to users when their power is disrupted. Not always harmful but can be.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

:flowers: Forget it i located the source of the problem and eliminated it. :thumbsup:

#7 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

Can you enlighten us how, this will help other members with similar problems.

#8 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

umm it turns out, i checks my comp for any extra files after turning my pc off, all hidden files, it took A LONG TIME, but i did it any nothings wrong :thumbsup:

#9 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

OK ok ok, il tell the truth... i dont really care about the thing, nothings wrong. :thumbsup: i just wanted to know if you could find out any info on it. :flowers: im sure my comp is fine, well for now, i know how deal with it if somethin does happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users