Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer Blues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leslie138

Leslie138

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

I'm having several problems with a new computer (XP Home Media). The first is that I cannot install all of the windows updates. I get this message:
"Security Update for microsoft.net framework, version 1.1 Service Pack 1 will not install."
It keeps trying to install it, but fails.

The second is an issue with an AVG free file that will not stay deleted. I uninstalled AVG and installed Kapersky, but the add-in manager for AVG in Outlook, which I un-check, re-checks itself. Then I get the error message "the add-in C:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVGfre~1\avgxch32.dll could not be installed or loaded" when I try to open Outlook. I have deleted the extend.dat file numerous times, but it keeps re-appearing. I uninstalled AVG in the first place because it would not complete the installation on the new computer. The Kapersky scan did reveal a trojan, which it deleted. Any suggestions? Thanks - Leslie.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zim0n

zim0n

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

service pack 1? get yourself service pack 2 and then state your problems again, if there still are any

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

Sounds to me like you need to download .netframework to be able to update.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 pwgib

pwgib

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

Check This Thread.

Read it completely for different solutions.

PW
PW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users