Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Printer Driver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldog

oldog

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

New computer is running win xp pro. After installing software for canon ip4000 printer, found colors all over the place!

Have found that incorrect driver has been installed..showing as ver 8.09 winNT. Have found correct driver for xp pro on canon site and downloaded it ...ver 1.9.

How do i remove old driver? It does not show under "uninstall" list.

I presume that it should be removed prior to the installation of the new driver.

Have no luck with the canon help line as there is always a 45 minute wait required and they don't appear to have an email based help service.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

Hi, canon likes to install the drivers on the c: path so if you go >start>explore> and click on c: you shold see a canon folder there. Inside the folder there should be an uninstall exe. If not I have gome to the control panel deleated the printer and reinstalled it.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users