Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam C

Adam C

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

[font=Courier New]I kinda ran into a problem, my son who supposedly knows alot about computers was deleting un-needed files an somehow ended up screwin up the volume on my computer. i know little about computers so i was hoping someone would be able 2 help me out......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 martym

martym

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

hi adam above your post some one is having the same problem
if you have the xpcd
insert it and follow this link
i have to acknowledge i coppied it
from that post so i hope the poster dosent mind
in the past ive had this trouble my self
and if the problem is identical
i can fix it
how ever many sound problems are different
marty

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hi Adam C, welcome to the board! Could you be more precise with your volume problem? E.G icons missing, sound being distorted etc.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Could be a number of things that cause the issue.

First off, check the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties applet in the Control Panel. Its possible that the drivers for the audio device have been deleted by accident.

| Start >> Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices |

Once the applet has opened, the first tab you will see is the Volume tab. On this tab it will indicate the name of your Audio device IF the driver is still intact. IF the driver has been deleted, it should indicate "No audio devices currenlty installed".

If this appears to be the issue, more than likely the audio driver has been deleted by accident. You will want to verify this using the Device Manager.

To open the Device Manager do one of the following:

| Start >> Run >> devmgmt.msc |

-OR-

| Start >> right-click My Computer >> Manage >> select the Device Manager on the left hand pane |

Any hardware devices with improperly installed or missing drivers will show up in the right hand pane with a yellow circle containing a white question mark. You may need to run a hardware device scan in order to display devices with driver issues. To run a hardware device scan you can do one of the following:

| click to highlight the Local Machine icon in the hardware tree (right hand pane) >> Actions >> Scan for hardware changes |

-OR-

| right-click the Local Machine icon >> Scan for hardware changes |

Again, you're looking for hardware devices with missing or improperly installed drivers. Most likely you will see a device pop up with the make/model or may display simply as PCI Device.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users