Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error In Printing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

i couldnt print word document.what shall i do?ive checked the printer ,workign fine.what is going on?,,,,,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

You need to give us just a little more info:
1. How is your PC connected to the printer? (Ethernet, LPT Cable, USB/USB 2.0, other?)
2. What model printer is it?
3. What OS are you using on your PC? (Vista, XP Home/Pro, 98, unix etc)
4. What drivers are you using - the latest, or those supplied with the printer?
5. What has happened recently to the PC just before the printer stopped printing?
6. You said the pritner is working fine, yet you can't print - how did you test that the printer is working fine?

Cheers, and hopefully we'll hear from you soon :thumbsup: !
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

As a default, under extra options printingsettings in word there is a box ticked "print documents in background "please untick that ( that has kept me busy for 1 hour 2 years ago Posted Image

#4 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:33 AM

thanks to your replies.

pc is running win 2000 and connected via LPT cable
printer model (Hp 1200 series PLC laser jet)
printer driver found in the cd supplied by the printer
it was perfectly running before but the other day i wanted to print some documents ive observed lights on the printer kept on chnaging from green to orange for few seconds and stopped with green light on meaning printer is ready.From the printer folder ive seen this default printer had a check on it and labeled ready.

this is the error i was gettng everytime i pressed the printer icon in word

there was an error from when printing the document "Microsoft Word " to DOT4_OOJ
Do you wnat to retry or cancel?

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Seems like a pain, but usually it's the easy and quick fix for things.

I'd visit the manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers for your printer (which I believe are HERE). Hopefully new drivers and a fresh install will fix any issues you have! :thumbsup: Let us know if this works for you!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

when i came back, i got it to work.but after sometime, again the same error popped up and i cud nt make work.

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

Have you done what both fozzie and I have suggested? You'll have to do what I suggested first, then after you reinstall it with the latest drivers, do what fozzie suggested. Let us know what you've done and if it has helped :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#8 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

yah , ill do it now.tnx agen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users