Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:16 PM
We are long time users of Thinkpads but are having nightmares with our first T60p.
Machine appears to boot cleanly but the Thinkpad Hot Key (TPHKMGR) utility which runs at start up immediately crashes. Many applications crash on load but some, such as IE or Windows Explorer, Control Panel etc crash intermittently. All crashes appear memory related.
So far we have:
1. Run BIOS HDD diagnostics (clean)
2. PC Doctor on memory (clean)
3. Swapped physical memory (no difference)
4. Cleaned registry using TuneUp.
5. Deactivated almost every startup program (no effect)
6. Ran a full system scan using Symantec (clean)
We did have some initial problems loading the remote VPN software (Netscreen) which consistenly falied with BSOD but de-installing the Thinkpad Rescue/recovery cured this.
IBM is now suggesting a reload to factory settings which may initially work but presumably we will end in the same place.
Anu sugestions most welcome.