Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Looking For Desktop Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AgCoach

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

My laptop has crashed 3 times in only 15 months, so I want to look into purchasing a desktop...only problem is I have no idea where to start.

What would you guys suggest? Im looking for a quality computer that isnt too expensive- price isnt an issue, but Id rather not pay for things I wont use.

I will be running pretty much only the following programs: Firefox, Trillian, Full Tilt Poker, PokerTracker, PAHUD.

Thats it! Thanks for your help, and if you have any advice or comments feel free to share!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:49 AM

Maybe you should check out Dell, I've never owned one but I've heard they aren't too bad. You can go to the Website and check them out. If you don't want to run any high end games you should be able to get a good one for not too much. I would recommend at least 1 gig of ram for XP and 2gig for Vista. (I've not heard much good about Vista, yet).

Some body else should have other ideas....
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:05 AM

If you are not big on gaming you could follow the suggestion by Wildabeast or go to your nearest walmart or check out Newegg

#4 Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

Dells are decent if you don't plan on popping the hood and tinkering with them. My lsat employer bought nothing but Dell computers (had a special deal for a discount with them) and I had nothing but trouble when they needed upgrading/repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users