Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Wrong With Aviraguard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 callaghan

callaghan

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:46 AM

following the advice of many on this forum, i decided to install avira antivir. well, it worked great for about 2-3 months. now, everytime i start my computer, even if its twice in one day, the notice screen pops up and tells my that my files are out of date. then it connects after i click on update, and it may or may not update a file or two, depending on if it really is out of date. half the time the notice box just says that all files are up to date. then, after the update box closes, another warning box pops up and says the same thing...that my files are out of date, and its been '3' days since my last update...so i click on update again, and after i do that, the pop up stop. what can i do to fix this?

Edited by callaghan, 22 March 2007 - 06:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

What you could is totally uninstall this application and re-install it if you like it that much. Another culperit could be the system date which is wrong.

#3 callaghan

callaghan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

thanks man, it was the date that was wrong. somehow...(probably the kids) the date was changed from march to april. fixed it and now no more update pop ups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users