Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Thread Stuck In Device Driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ipkis

ipkis

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

Hi team

After some great assistance in another forum, I have been directed to this forum for a bit more advice and help. I have been asked to let you know that I have run Hijack This and there are no serious problems there. All, checks have been done. No viuses, malware or other stuff on the PC.

Problem...... I have Sony Vaio with built in TV running XP. If I watch TV or try to watch video online the PC crashes, rebbots with error message

STOP Thread stuck in device Driver 0x000000EA

I am not too technical so will need guidance if i need to find information. But I go get there in the end.

I have tried to re start PC to earler date but it will only go back to 26 Feb 2007.

I would really appreciate help. This site has proved to be fantastic so thank you in advance.

Danny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

Read this

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try to run drivercleaner

Edited by fozzie, 22 March 2007 - 05:06 AM.

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

Would that be an Nvidia card? As far as I can remember, the only solution at present is to wait for new drivers or buy another card. Maybe another reader has a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users