Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With A Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ancienttree

ancienttree

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:45 AM

hello there... the other day a friend was surfing the net and zone alarm security suite picked up a virues that had no cure, nor could it be deleted or quarentined i tried to find a cure online but i couldn't even find anything about the virus... I had the name of it but my beautiful wife dicided to throw it away. My problem is that ever since that virus showed up my computer won't shut down or restart (i it does is because i unpluge it or hold down the main switch) and i keep on getting different memory errors specially with internet explorer!!! sometimes when i need to i manage to restart it with crtl+alt+delete and one time it froze on the disk check screen i shut it down holding main switch and booted it safe mode well it froze on the screen that shows all the folders and screens i reshutted it and it kept on restarting and restarting and restarting until it finally came through but when i loggen onto windows it would open any programs at all i could move the mouse and open up start menu but whenever i click on anything to open it up the screen just flashed and nothig would show up i attempted to restart it and after many attemps it did and ever since my computer has been on and i cannot refresh my desktop (since is asking me to refresh it)...so far that's what's going on...thanks a lot for your help and please excuse my english grammar or any other language barriers that you spot i am from another country and trying my best to be clear if you have any doubts ask my and maybe i can come up with a better explanation.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 22 March 2007 - 10:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

I would try doing some online virus scans. If you look in the Free Online Virus/Trojan/Spyware Scanners section of this link you will find links to several free online scans.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:24 AM

Here they are

In normal mode, run an online antivirus check from at least two and preferably three of the following sites
BitDefender
Computer Associates Online Virus Scan
Panda's ActiveScan
Trend Micro Housecall
Windows Live Safety Center Free Online Scan
This scanner from Trend does not require an Active X to run.

1. Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, etc. )
2. Detects and removes grayware and spyware
3. Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
4. Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
5. Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
6. Easy-to-use with the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

#4 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hello fozzie and thanks for the help. well I did what you told me to do and rean every virusscan in the list (at least i tried to) the first one and the last one couldn't run so here are the result:

COMPUTER ASSOCIATES ONLINE VIRUS SCAN:

JS/MS06-012!EXPLOIT. infected with no cure
win32/istbar.cd couldn't cure or delete

PAND'S ACTIVE SCAN

the computer didn't let me run this one either it said there was an error page at the lower left corner of my browser which has been happening a lot eversince i got infected.

TREND MICRO HOUSECALL

(ms00-034)office 2000 UA Control Vulnerability
(ms01-028)RTF Document linked to Template cn run Macros Without Warning.

WINDOWS LIVE

Found 2 high risk issues and 72 registry items ad 1 registry error; the items were removed but the error couldn't be fixed, it also found 3 high risk issues that was unable to clean.

win32/virtumonde.gen
c:\program files\hijackthis\backup-20061019-184428-924.dll
trojan:win32/agent.ES

if there is anything else I should do please let me know

#5 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hello.

Uh oh, looks like youve got a virtumonde problem. please follow the instructions here: How To Remove Winfixer / Virtumonde / Msevents / Trojan.vundo.b

If the above does not work, please post a HJT log in the HJT forum NOT HERE. List the things you have tried, and do not make any further changes to your pc. if you haven't recieved a reply in 5 days, please post here: Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?

Please read the preperation guide before using a HJT log. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users