Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 faginsboss

faginsboss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

I have Logitechs QuickCam 8.2.0, which I know is not the latest version but which ran happily on my old PC under XP Pro [non SP2]. I have now changed my PC and OS to XP Home [SP2] and would like to run the same software.

On attempting to load, I get the message "error opening installation log file. Verify the specified log file location exists and is writable". I believe this is Winows error message 1622......

Logitech havn't been a lot of help. On looking around the net I note such log files are normally written to a .TEMP or .TMP folder on the drive carrying the OS. On my first PC this drive was C:, on my new PC this is now H:.

On opening the software STARTUP folder, I note the command line includes the drive letter C:. If this was edited to H: is it likely it would enable the software to write to the correct address for the logfile?.

A further irritation rather than a problem. I was advised by a help line to use the BIOS to return the system setting to default following the incorrect reporting of the CPU speed. That was sorted OK but now, when logging on, the system hangs at the 'black' system information screen, and requires F1 action to move on. As I say, an irritation but not a real problem.

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:48 PM

On opening the software STARTUP folder, I note the command line includes the drive letter C:. If this was edited to H: is it likely it would enable the software to write to the correct address for the logfile?.

What exactly is the full command line? If it is for the .exe that starts the application this would disable it.

On looking around the net I note such log files are normally written to a .TEMP or .TMP folder on the drive carrying the OS. On my first PC this drive was C:, on my new PC this is now H:.

Try moving the installation log file to a Temp folder on C:

As for the "irritation" what is the error message preceding press F1 to resume?

Info on CPU, Motherboard and Ram would help.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users