Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help...slow Computer, Freezing Games, On A Fast Computer...(possible Trojan)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MashuTeichou

MashuTeichou

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

first off, here are my specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200
M2N-e Asus motherboard
2 gigs (1gig x2) Corsair dual channel ram
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS 256mb PCI-E

When I first built my computer and loaded windows, it worked super fast. Now, its slower then my older computer, which I thought was impossible. I mean...This is pathetic. I unistalled AVG cause there was a process running that is supposed to be a Trojan, and a program said AVG was running it. So, I deleted it, was prompted to restart, so I did. It took literally 10 minutes to shut down and restart. At worst, my old computer took 5 minutes. (P4 2.8, 1.5 gigs ram, ATI Radeon 9800). So, how do I fix this?

I have a theory its Microsoft forcing people to upgrade by putting out crappy updates. I mean, for my card, the newest driver is dated the beginning of last year...They come out with a new one but its Vista only. Woo...idiots.

So basically it started about 3 days ago, aprox. 4 days after this computer was built. I was playing Battlefield 1942, it froze. I tried 5 times, it froze in different spots at different times. I reinstalled. Same thing. Oblivion goes for about 30 minutes then crashes to the desktop. I then hit the window to maximize again, and it freezes. This has happened everytime as well. I also did older games, same thing, but done differently. Battlefield was the only one that froze the entire computer to where i had to manually shut it off.

Then today I randomly check my processes, and theres 2 running that I have never seen before. A couple sites say they are trojans. ScanningProcess.exe. The sites said it was W32.Beagle.DZ Trojan. I downloaded and ran alot of antispy and antiviruses...they found nothing. Then I looked into the trojan, and the processes running arent listed. And the ones listed are Trend Micro and Panda software. So..im confused.

I have ran, Zonealarm Security Suite 7, Yahoo antispy, AVG free, Adaware, Spybot, spyware doctor and Superantispyware is running now. So far, nothing.

So, here I am. Out of Ideas and annoyed. (I also ran defrags, restarted, deleted programs, reinstalled, everything...and im still having problems.)

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 21 March 2007 - 09:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:16 AM

The first thing which strikes me is that you have 2 anti-virus applications on your computer ( Zone Alarm security suite and AVG Free) Having two anti virus applications running on your PC can give conflicts so I suggest you uninstall one.

For the antispyware applications do you have all real time protection enabled?..

I first would try Microsoft online test and see what comes up. The freezing can also indicate faulty memory, there for run a Memtest to rule that out.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

Download and install the latest drivers (NOT from Microsoft) for your video and audio cards for your version of Windows from the manufacturer. Do you have any symptoms when you are not playing games?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 MashuTeichou

MashuTeichou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:29 AM

Well...Originally I only had ZA....but after it found nothing I downloaded others to check. SUPERAntispyware found a trojan downloaded that was rated 8 out of 10...that no other found...then this morning ZA found a medium rated trojan. So...Im completely confused. And I have SAS real time, AVG AS real time, and ZA. I havent had any problems yet...and after deleting the trojan downloader...Oblivion didnt freeze last night. I played for about...40 minutes. I dont know if it was coincidence.

Though, I also downloaded a BETA driver for my graphics card yesterday. The newest one thats actually released was like...may of 06. Then, the beat was November. Now they have 2 new ones, but their vista only. Stupid microsoft. Their probably why my computer is being stupid, "download updates! Your computer may be at risk!", you download...have probelms...get fed up and get vista cause its more "Secure". Brilliant, but annoying.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

Vista has had problems with application/hardware interfaces (compatibility). I suspect that you will have to keep checking the games' sites to make sure you have any game Vista updates installed, and the same for your cards.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 22 March 2007 - 09:39 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users