Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitec Camera Lag....need New Codecs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlueTJMCRT

BlueTJMCRT

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

Logitec Communicate STX.

It is installed on my pc and running. But the camera is lagging really bad and is not syncro'd to me and my lips or movement.........

Can anyone help me out with better codecs or what I need to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:48 AM

Try downloading the latest drivers from Logitech HERE. Also, try updating your drivers for your graphic card (if you list your graphic card, I'll attempt to find a link for you).

Do those things and if that doesn't fix it, then we'll find you a codec pack to download. Let us know if this works or not! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 BlueTJMCRT

BlueTJMCRT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

I have the brand new drivers downloaded and it's that version (10.5.1) and I also have the correct and newest drivers for my video card. The lag is still there. It is there when using the logitech software, it's there with my vmdirect conferencing, it's about a 2 second lag at least.

The picture quality is good but it's like watching one of those old Chinese movies where their lips are speaking Chinese but English is spoken over the top...... :thumbsup:

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

Hmmm...have you updated your audio drivers?

You can download the K-lite mega codec pack HERE and install it. Hopefully it will solve your problems, although I'm not %100 sure on if it will help your audio or not, but I think it's worth a try.

Let me know if this fixes it...if not I'll see about getting some more input on this subject!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

The lagging could also be due to memory issues. What you could do is while you are doing that push CTRL ALT DEL and see what the performance is of your PC/CPU or even the one whom you are conferencing with...

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

Also, it could be these:

1. Your internet connection speed.
2. The frames per second that the camera operates.
3. It's constantly trying to access it's home site to check for updates, or whatever.

I have a Logitech QuickCam, and I've uninstalled the software about a year ago because of these issues below.

4. The camera software would be so persistent as to contacting it's home site, although I specifically set it to never try to search for updates. It kept doing it regardless of what I tried.
5. Since I log everything I install on my computer, whenever I checked the logs of various programs that I've installed, many of them showed that files were being installed/created in the C:\Programs Files\Logitech folder. Many, many times my logs showed that. Programs that have nothing at all to do with the camera, but still being installed into the Logitech folder. And ultimately, it slowed down my computer, which made my video/audio out of sync.

I'm not saying that's your problem, but I would definitely check the logs of programs installed after the installation of the Logitech software, and use a tool to prevent it from trying to access the internet to check for updates or such. Even when I unplugged the camera from my computer, the software still kept trying to access the Internet.

But even if you have a fast enough computer, and enough R.A.M., if it only does (I believe around 30 tops, FPS), then you'll most likely experience that lag. And even if you don't think that's the problem, it could be that the network you're on is slow, or busy, or both.... and that goes for the other party too.

I have a digital camera that is also a web cam too, and it's much smoother than my Logitech, when it comes down to being on the Internet, and my video/audio is in sync.

[Added info]
I forgot to mention that you should also make sure that the refresh rate of your monitor is set correctly, and also,,,, there is a web site where you can test the Frames Per Second of your camera. I don't know it right off hand, but there is a site to test it.

Edited by Walkman, 22 March 2007 - 11:39 AM.

#7 allan32

allan32

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:28 AM

Well I don't think that I am agree with you even a pinch...See logitech quickCam communicate STX webcam..is the best one I ever got..We are using it for some 7 months now along with my http://www.gomeetnow.com conferencing software and ofcourse evergreen skype..and there haven't been any issue at all. I think the problem ( if any ) might be in the drivers ..you have to update them or there might be some issue with other application which is halting its work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users