Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 50105 (tcp) Being Bombarded!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NipplesTheCat

NipplesTheCat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

I shut down Azerus (my bit torrent program) and ever since then my computer has been recieving "unsolicited connection attempts" on port 50105 every second or two according to McAfee firewall. I am pretty sure that Azerus is set to use that port but its closed! I have restarted my computer multiple times and even cycled the power on the cable modem with no luck! I have gotten well over 400 attempts since I started writing this message and im going out of my mind. I am going to unplug the cable modem for the night, but I dont know what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

Welcome to BC. If your computer is running and you do CTRL ALT DEL do you still see azeurua running under processes?

#3 NipplesTheCat

NipplesTheCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

No sir I do not. When I say "I am pretty sure that Azerus is set to use that port but its closed" I mean azerus is closed,...i dont know about the port. I am assuming that my firewall has either closed or stealthed it.

Also most of the attempts are coming from 64.93.88.XXX 64.93.89.XXX 64.93.90.XXX 64.93.91.XXX etc etc etc.

Edited by NipplesTheCat, 21 March 2007 - 07:49 PM.

#4 NipplesTheCat

NipplesTheCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

5472 attempts since I posted this a few minutes ago. This just seems,...wrong.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:31 AM

Run this test : Shields Up.

Can you give me the last 3 digits from the IP adress or are they random?

#6 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:13 AM

this is probably just another Bitorrent user trying to connect to your machine to download files. The conections will be attempted long after you uninstall the program. As the user before knew that this IP address and port number existed and that files were being shared from it they will keep trying to connect.
I have had this before and I never seemed to be able to stop it. It is not really a worry just make sure that the firewall is blocking the traffic and it sould not really effect the network. This could be also an person atempting to hack into your system as it knew that this port was open previously.
I am sure there are other people that will be able to spread more light on this issue but I believe that this is the most likely cause.
Posted Image

#7 NipplesTheCat

NipplesTheCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

Shields up reports that everything is stealthed. My comp responds to pings but I saw no other issues. The last digits in the address are random.

#8 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:10 AM

THat IP adress belongs to NET2EZ Does that ring a bell?

#9 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:20 AM

Have you tried google to find the answer? That's what I always do.
Azureus uses a lot of memory have you tried uninstalling or changing bittorrent clients?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users