Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tribb

Tribb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:15 AM

Computer some times shuts itself down. Even if I have it on for only a few moments and turn off manually, I still get same error msg, asking me if I wish to report.
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010605-08.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDA~1.TRI\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I googled to a site for others having same problem but none seem related to lap top, just desk top. Have removed and reseated RAM, have blow-cleaned vents, et cetera, have rebooted and shut down while still cool so as not to have heat become an issue.

I initially came to BleepingComputer in hopes of finding a freeware that would check for some type of worm. My Norton updates & checks all files daily but has found nothing. I'm a novice with barely enough knowledge to write on the head of a pin. Don't know what to do next.

Tribb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JSKY

JSKY

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

To me it sounds like a driver issue. Allot of the time it could be the video driver, but there are many drivers that could be causing the problem.
If you can get online long enough at a time. Go to the manufactures websites and get the latest drivers for their hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users