Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble playing copied DVD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FisticufsFred22

FisticufsFred22

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

I have another question....

I'm trying to get this DVD to copy and for some reason it won't play on my 360.

I normally use DVD Decrypter to decrypt it then save the DVD folder to my hard drive. For copying it to a DVD I use Roxio Disc Copier. This method has worked for pretty much every DVD that I've tried to back up....
until season 5 of 24.

I did everything that I would normally do but when I tried to play it on the 360, it wouldn't recognize it. So, I went back to the DVD folder on my computer and tried to play parts of it in Nero copy dvd (i don't remember the correct name.) What I saw I didn't expect to see. In the little preview screen it said on one of the menus "This disc is not formatted to play in this region." That was really weird because the original DVD itself is in NTSC......how did it record in PAL????

Anyways, i'm just trying to find how to fix it.

I downloaded DVD43 and DVD Shrink. I alreay use DVD Decrypter. I've got both Roxio Disc Copier and the Nero version so I assume that Copy2DVD does the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by FisticufsFred22, 21 March 2007 - 01:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

Probably protection has been added or hightened in this season. You may have to do some google research.

Edited by FireKracker, 21 March 2007 - 06:09 PM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 ur3838

ur3838

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:57 PM

As far as I know DVD does have region restrictions. USA uses region 1. Europe, Latin America and China all use different region codes.

So if the DVD is bought somewhere outside of the US, it will not play with the player bought in US or vice versa. :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

Could be a number of issues here :

Nero has PAL as a default setting
Did you by any chance "fiddled around "with the region settings of your dvd drive?

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:22 AM

Have you tried DVD Shrink yet to copy the DVD? If so what are the results?

Your original DVD might be NTSC and usually ripping/copying or transfering to your HDD removes the region coding, however tighter copying encryption has been developed to conbat this...... Napolian Dynamite is a good example.

Like I said search google for ideas, a starting point is CD Freaks

Edited by FireKracker, 27 March 2007 - 03:23 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users